Happy Birthday Bailey!
This year, our firm reached a great milestone – we’ve been in business for over 25 years! For me, it has been an exciting and wonderful journey. In honor of this impressive milestone, I thought it was appropriate to share some personal thoughts and learnings – 25 to be exact!
1) Always ask questions. I consider it part of my job description.
2) Many people will make you doubt your sanity because they simply do not believe what is possible.
3) FEAR stops momentum. RISK provides learning and rewards.
4) Vision is what energizes a company. It provides hope, encourages dreams and shines light on the possibilities.
5) Change is certain; progress is not. Change should not be feared, rather embraced. It’s the future.
6) Communicate your intentions and you will be surprised how many people will help you succeed.
7) INVEST IN YOUR PEOPLE – THEY ARE YOUR FIRM.
8) INVEST IN CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS – THEY GROW YOUR FIRM.
9) Every year is another opportunity to get smarter and make fewer bad investments.
10) Shape versus Make. Engineer Your Own Destiny.
11) Confidence breeds confidence.
12) Stretch and reach for higher, loftier goals every day.
13) Diversity matters more than you will ever be able to appreciate.
14) Collaboration helps to make your business sustainable.
15) The most important and valuable assets of our firm walk in and out the door daily.
16) It’s a MARATHON not a SPRINT.
17) Asking for help is not weak . . . its smart.
18) SACRIFICE is a CHOICE that enables you to succeed.
19) Say “thank-you” often.
20) Take time to recognize those who have the courage to lead and take risks.
21) Tell the people you work with how much you value them.
22) Display optimism . . . it can be viral.
23) CELEBRATE every day.
24) Ask people what they think and then listen! Listen! Listen!
25) Our clients hire us for our expertise. They get our hearts and soul for free.